International League Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Skepta
Stevens94
BenDK
Rookie
Agosta44
Rylan
Zero
Trevor
Bounty
TK64
Arpegio
tobtheking2
TAZ
★〃れëøs〃☆
LoneWolf
VSchainMKW
Baseh
EirikN
22 posters

Week 2 + 3 Updates

Agosta44

Week 2 + 3 Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 2 + 3 Updates

Post by Agosta44 Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:54 am

Rookie wrote:
    Agosta44 wrote:
    Arpegio wrote:I think you should have conserved the classic WCL system with divisions, because it is the most simple for everybody. This playoffs thing already failed in the past, remember MKC.

The playoff design for MKC worked fine. The last season was a joke and ultimately failed from a combination of teams and staff members trying to exploit to get a W for their teams in a kids game.

I'm assuming you're referencing this at me. You're incorrect. We had no rules on registration at all so I asked Bullet about it and he said copy the WCL rules, so I did. Then you guys went against me and said I made up my own rules because of the 28 day transfer when all I did was do what Bullet had said. That made me leave, and no offense but I did like everything in the last season. Aside from Luke and KD, the other two admins didn't do shit so I had to update 3 divisions at once as well as provided the tables that nobody bothered to get right before the season started. If anything it was the lack of staff commitment. You and Titan were gone like the whole season too it seemed

I was around the entire time but I got complaints whenever I tried to do something for a team because "it wasn't my division".
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:44 pm

It seemed like the fact the main admin went on vacation and has a really unstable internet hasn't helped this at all. Eirik has tried to work on the site but his internet at the hotel he's at will not let him.

There seems to be so many vacancies and free wins now, a suggestion (although it's a large one and will make certain teams unhappy) once he's back from vacation (tomorrow I think) maybe the league could potentially restart and there only be 3 divisions instead of 4. Than there wouldn't be any vacancies and maybe a couple more people could be a head admin to assist him on making the league running.
    tobtheking2
    tobtheking2

Post by tobtheking2 Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:29 pm

^Not a bad Idea but.... everything restarted ?
    I'm sure 60% of all the Teams don't want to play/wait for that again..
    Baseh
    Baseh

Post by Baseh Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:32 pm

If we restart Up might drop out as well. Keep this season running and make the next only 3 divisions.
    Arpegio
    Arpegio

Post by Arpegio Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Division 1 :
    Alliance Rainbow
    Charged Brigade
    Flow
    Gotei XIII
    Infected with Skill
    Koopa Clan

Division 2 :
    Alliance Rainbow 2
    Apocalypse
    Beat Em Up
    Friends United
    Gaming Elite Team
    Revolution

Division 3 :
    Clan Volo
    Flow 2
    High Definition
    Koopa Clan 8k
    No Surrender
    Valiance

Division 4 :
    Avail
    D'OEUF
    Fast and Wild
    Insane Team
    Underground Kings
    Wollywogz

etc. as I'm not very aware of all the other clans.

^ That's how things should've worked IMO, more or less, with the same system as WCL. A system that eveyrbody adopted and enjoyed for more than three years. I'm not complaining, just pointing the fact that MKW's 4 yo and people want simplicity, not something new.
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:45 am

tobtheking2 wrote:^Not a bad Idea but.... everything restarted ?
    I'm sure 60% of all the Teams don't want to play/wait for that again..

Yes that would be ideal, but it would be hard to implement that since some teams would change the division they are in which will change their record. A team that was 3-0 could become 0-3 and that's a guarantee of a drop.
    Arpegio
    Arpegio

Post by Arpegio Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:28 am

Uh, I'm not sure. People prefer playing something clear, not something "complicated"... It's more important than a stupid record of 3-0, especially when some conferences are almost empty 2 weekes after the beginning lol. It's not as if seven or eight matches have been played. Your argument is totally irrevelant.

I know that I'm right : we should go back to the old system that has always worked, with divisions at the same level. That's it.
    Stevens94
    Stevens94

Post by Stevens94 Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:33 am

Woah arpe don't get ahead of yourself. Going back to the WCL system may indeed be a good solution, but it doesn't mean you're right. Not everyone thinks the same that you do. Some people may have wanted something new, and fresh, to keep them interested in this game's league. That is probably why this system was created in the first place; to stir things up a bit, add a bit of variety to the mix. There's nothing wrong with at least trying it. If you don't try, you'll never know if it'll work. But we're still quite early on in this and although things could have turned out better, we still just need to go with it until the end of the season and hopefully things can improve. And then next season, think about the best way forward.
    The concept of this system is in fact quite good, and not exceptionally hard to understand. If it's worked in practice in sports then it can't be that bad. It's just that things havn't worked out as well as they should have so far, due to the nature of this community.
    Perhaps just let this season finish and see how it goes, then the next steps can be made.
    Skepta
    Skepta

Post by Skepta Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:02 am

This surely must be nearly dead by now? Biggest flop I've ever seen.

And who whilst on holiday would care about updating an MK Website? I'd be on the beach in Cancun sipping Corona's not the hotel lobby working on a website lol
    Stevens94
    Stevens94

Post by Stevens94 Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:47 am

Skepta wrote:This surely must be nearly dead by now? Biggest flop I've ever seen.

And who whilst on holiday would care about updating an MK Website? I'd be on the beach in Cancun sipping Corona's not the hotel lobby working on a website lol

So true aha, a holiday is a holiday after all. x] Everyone having a dig at Eirik for not doing anything for IL whilst on holiday are being silly. Pretty sure none of them would want to bother either.
    Corona's and lime ftw btw. Brahma and Sol are also pretty damn good beers.
    SM4e

Post by SM4e Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:55 pm

Arpegio wrote:Uh, I'm not sure. People prefer playing something clear, not something "complicated"... It's more important than a stupid record of 3-0, especially when some conferences are almost empty 2 weekes after the beginning lol. It's not as if seven or eight matches have been played. Your argument is totally irrevelant.

If the league will get restarted, G37 will probably drop. To me it seems like: oh, we lost to a fucking damn sucker-clan that we usually we win against; let's just restart the league!

No offense.
    This is how it seems, I'm not sure whether you think that way (maybe just a bit), and I don't want to accuse you of that, but people could think that way.
    Are you sure that would be a great solution? Why not filling up the empty divisions with etablished clans? NFO Boshi told me he wants NFO to be registered in the next season. Somebody might persuade him to play in the current season though.
    Or, how about ST? I think they're back for good.

Please, my suggestion: fill up the divisions, replay the matches that got to a freewin and everything might work in a better way.
    Genis

Post by Genis Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:32 am

where is TL on your division table arpegio Sad ?

to restart the whole thing sucks ... we are once able to have a 3-0 after 3 matches and now have a complete restart???

we might drop out if this happens. Why not playing this season to the end and then change it completely?
    Maxøu
    Maxøu

Post by Maxøu Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:03 am

D'oeuf team is at 4-0 so if all the IL restart, I don't think all DOEUFs will accept this ^^ .
    The idea of SM4e is good imo, we have the same opinion about this subject Smile .
    Arpegio
    Arpegio

Post by Arpegio Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:35 pm

SM4e wrote:If the league will get restarted, G37 will probably drop. To me it seems like: oh, we lost to a fucking damn sucker-clan that we usually we win against; let's just restart the league!
    No offense.
    Babe, we have nothing to prove and we're in 2012. I really don't care about this loss, trust me. I don't think playing in a conference with only four clans is satisfying, is it ? Don't tell me you feel good when you're playing IL.
    My clan and I just wanna play in a well organized league, like everybody else I guess. I wish Bash could come back digging up WCL, no offense.

SM4e wrote:Please, my suggestion: fill up the divisions, replay the matches that got to a freewin and everything might work in a better way.
    Filling up the divisions has been suggested... 3 weeks ago ? What happened ? Nothing.
    But it is a good idea, I agree.

I'm sorry for complaining anyways.
    Create a league is a thing, making it live or flourish is another.
    Stui

Post by Stui Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:07 pm

I am so surprised
    Rylan
    Rylan

Post by Rylan Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:57 pm

So are we on for Sunday or what, I don't have time to read 3,000 messages about whether or not this is happening and why. Clear communication here would be sweet. A global sticky locked topic that is regularly updated with when/if we are to show up for a match would be a nice way to do this, even email updates would work I suppose but having to read through pages of people arguing and loling is utterly unhelpful. Thank you for your consideration.
    Stevens94
    Stevens94

Post by Stevens94 Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Yes week 5 will commence in 2 days time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 pm