International League Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
BlakeUK
dvgeorge
Luke
mattie2710
Chain
Mywo
Javo.
Rookie
Giant
Senap
Blackjack
Zero
Larrsauce
BlackMagic
Brian
Zoom
Bounty
Veil
Thomas
Smoke
24 posters

Division 4 "Drama" Thread

Smoke
    Smoke

Division 4 "Drama" Thread Empty Division 4 "Drama" Thread

Post by Smoke Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Since apparently our freedom of speech is being restricted on the war result threads where they belong i'll create this here and I suggest that it be stickied since threads like this have been done so in the past and worked efficiently.

Last edited by Smoke on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Smoke
    Smoke

Division 4 "Drama" Thread Empty Re: Division 4 "Drama" Thread

Post by Smoke Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:18 pm

First off Thomas you have no right to call us "kids" when you yourself are a "kid".

Just because you are a division admin doesn't mean you can control how those in this division can interact with each other. We will simply not be overrun by examples of MKW tyrants like NFO. KC isn't in division 4 so this division means less to you even by being the division admin. We aren't "crying", we (those in division 4) will not just take NFO's bullshit and continuous arrogant behavior without firing back. There is nothing wrong with that...

Threads like this should be allowed to exist because it represents anyone in Division 4 to express their thoughts freely and openly. No need for oppression.
    Thomas
    Thomas

Post by Thomas Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:25 pm

If the only people who will talk in this thread are you and Javo, then no it's pointless
    Veil
    Veil

Post by Veil Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Why am I not surprised Smoke created this? Very Happy
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:46 pm

I don't want to come off as an asshole, but you don't really have the right to complain about NFO's commitment to a league when I'm certain Ap has had two teams before in a league and didn't finish and has died / went inactive and came back a lot whereas NFO has been alive and running pretty much since the release date of this game.

And complaining about them trolling just makes you look bad. It's not a cheap tactic (unless the player cheats stars) and it's another aspect to the game. Teams are going to try and find out what their opponents don't like and use that against them and you guys just handed that information over to NFO. I mean, who wouldn't troll their opponents if they knew they hated it and would rage or ragequit (Bane). It also doesn't mean they have no confidence up front, it's just an insurance and increases their chances as winning. If you know how to increase your chances of winning, why would you not do it? That seems silly.

The main reason why I personally support trolling is because if two people suicide (which is almost all competitive matches) the one bagger that doesn't pull the shock (even if they out raced them to get it) become ABSOLUTELY useless to the team (unless they star it out and get it). As a bagger, I'm sure you have felt this feeling before.

As for a new team or people coming into a division that you feel is too good for the division, it is a pain, but it wasn't NFO's intention to do so. I've been talking with a member and a former one for a while now and this idea came across to me after the first match. No clan leader ever wants to drop a team from a league, but when things aren't working out sometimes it needs to be done.

Last edited by Bounty on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zoom

Post by Zoom Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:56 pm

Happy I left this division to be honest. Razz
    Brian
    Brian

Post by Brian Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:19 pm

It's lag bro
    BlackMagic
    BlackMagic

Post by BlackMagic Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:43 pm

in no way is your freedom of speech being restricted, we simply don't need a 10 page argument over something stupid.
    Larrsauce
    Larrsauce

Post by Larrsauce Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:00 am

^.

Honestly complaining on a public forum isn't going to solve any problems for you.

If you have a serious concern you should take it up with an il admin Wink
    Zero
    Zero

Post by Zero Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:52 am

Cry is free
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:02 am

No fucks are given
    Senap
    Senap

Post by Senap Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:14 am

Smoke wrote:First off Thomas you have no right to call us "kids" when you yourself are a "kid".

Shut up, kiddo.
    Giant

Post by Giant Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:13 am

Bounty wrote:
    And complaining about them trolling just makes you look bad. It's not a cheap tactic (unless the player cheats stars) and it's another aspect to the game.

This is totally wrong. Trolling is a very cheap tacting and it's not an aspect of any racing game. Trolling should just get fully banned.
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:53 am

Note(s) to self:

- If war WEC, troll
    - If so, Target Giant
    - Hear rage and asspain from Canada
    - Profit
    Giant

Post by Giant Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:09 am

I will immediately turn my WiiU off if I get trolled. So congratz on your upcoming wins against us.

Last edited by Giant on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Rookie Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:09 am

He's somewhat right you know Bounty

Though trolling is definitely possible and a tactic it's not an aspect of a racing game

Neither is bagging though
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:14 am

The game gives items for people to use. People utilize them to give themselves an advantage to win.

"It's not normal" isn't an argument. It's people creativity to make new strategies.

The only other 2 arguments I've heard are:
    - It's cheap
    - I don't like it

Thus, there is nothing to convince me yet that it shouldn't be done.

If people don't want others to utilize creativity and expect 100% racing, they should play one of hundreds of games that offer that instead of playing the one of few that don't and complain about it.

That's my opinion.
    Giant

Post by Giant Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:25 am

RULES... they exist to make a anything more enjoyable and more competitive.
    The evolution gave us humans fists so why don't we use them in football for example to punch the shit out of the opponents team and after that shoot the ball into the goal. Why don't we shoot balls in basketball? Why don't we run around with a rocket launcher in competitive shooters like Cod or Counter Strike?
    Trolling is such kind of thing which just shouldn't be allowed in this game because it changes the main sense of a racing game too much.
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Rookie Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:44 am

What about hacking items to win then? Why should we ban that? The only 2 arguments I've heard are:

- It's cheap
    - I don't like it

It's not normal isn't an argument. It's creativity to hack instead of playing legit like most owners of the game Mario Kart Wii, because it's a new strategy to win, obviously.

I'm not completely against trolling though. I agree it's a legitimate tactic that can be fairly utilized. I just feel it ruins the purpose of a racing game, and you can not argue that MKW isn't a racing game, sorry. But at least I'm not hypocritical about ,y views on trolling. I dislike suicide bagging as well, that also defeats the purpose of a racing game to go backward for an item. I don't understand why people could disapprove trolling yet support suicide bagging though just strange.

To get to the main point; the trolling of our Week 5 war wasn't the frustrating part. The frustrating part was that NFO was using their NFO1 troller who was amazingly effective at, when it's almost doubtful it would've been that effective if someone else were trolling us. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do against it as there's no rules over it. I was guilty of strengthening a 2nd team too once as well, and after I'm kind of glad we didn't win.

Even though it's frustrating, this thread shouldn't of been created. There's no point. What's done is done. So not sure why this was made other than rage.
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:48 am

Trolling increases the competitive play, not hinder it. As for enjoyment, it's impossible to please everyone. No matter what the rules are in any sport or anything, some of the players will disagree with.

And there's a difference between morales and rules. People have been taught and learned to not just beat each other up. Society tells us that is wrong, it's more of a "universal morale" than a rule. (excluding the few places that encourage physical warfare). So comparing that to the football thing is pointless.

I'm not sure what you mean by shoot in basketball since in the English language people shoot the ball so there must be a language barrier there.

I don't know anything about the competitive CoD scene. But I'm guessing that there was enough evidence to show that it is over powered whereas there hasn't been any evidence to show that trolling is overpowered enough to ban.

@Rookie: Hacks have been agreed upon by the community to be over powered and hacks are not part of the game it self, unlike trolling. The game doesn't come with hacks but it comes with items making you being able to troll.

And yes, I only responded since Giant quoted my post telling me that is was a cheap tactic so I explained my opinion. That wasn't meant to be the main part of my post anyways. I don't want trolling argument #2325435 either.
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Rookie Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:03 am

Clearly the community thinks trolling is overpowered enough to justify Koopa Clan winning Season 3 of IL

The game also doesn't come with hacks but its on a system that makes you able to hack if you damn well please. Trolling is also not a part of the game itself. It is possible, just like hacking is possible. But I didn't see anybody turning around and starring people backwards in the game trailers back in 2008, not even once.

As you said I don't want to argue about trolling either. I just wanted to put in my thoughts
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:12 am

Fair enough, no one did troll back in 08. I personally think that it came with the advancing of the meta game. People started to bag and that became mainstream than someone thought about trolling to counter that when it happened making it a tactic.

I respect your opinion / arguments as well as you as you have always been able to express your thoughts in a mature fashion. Good luck in the next weeks.
    Giant

Post by Giant Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:39 am

Funny fact is that NFO actually invented the trolling/suicide bagging tactics in MKW. Evil or Very Mad

Well then go on trolling. I will definitly not join my IL team again until trolling is fully banned.
    Javo.
    Javo.

Post by Javo. Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:52 am

Giant is a smart man, "kids" would be wise to listen to him.

Oh and it goes from a 'tactic' to an extreme advantage when nfo's incredible lag allows them to lag out of every troll while teams like mine are being all hit.

The main stupid thing about trolling is that it takes away a lot of skill to the game. It's no longer about who can race the fastest and have the quickest hands, it's about how many people 1 person going backwards can ram into while spamming stars. Absolute crap, ruins the game except for the people who suck at it.

yeah clans that don't have much skill are the ones who troll, ex. nfo.

@rookie the thing I see different about bagging for shock over trolling is-
    1: you can predict the shock, teammates can call out dodges being used.
    2: it's not nearly as powerful as trolling, if you get a good top spots breakaway you can still win the race (excluding some luck tracks) even if some people do dodge. You can also snipe them when they come up ect.
    3: a bunch of the time no one gets shock, so you have shockless races.
    Veil
    Veil

Post by Veil Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:19 am

If you can avoid the attempted trolls,it's more or less a skill in some sort or fashion,honestly it isn't a thing that can please everyone as Bounty said. This is 2013,and trolling is part of this game,whether you like or not. If you can't deal with it,then you shouldn't play this game at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:55 pm