International League Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Rodendi
Maddy
Adi/Clone
D
Zero
Fabe
CHEE2E12
EirikN
Bombe
BlackMagic
tobtheking2
SM4e
Antho
Kayla;
Larrsauce
Jaden
20 posters

[W2] Gaming Elite Team 359 - 358 Team Meteor

Rodendi
    Rodendi

[W2] Gaming Elite Team 359 - 358 Team Meteor - Page 2 Empty Re: [W2] Gaming Elite Team 359 - 358 Team Meteor

Post by Rodendi Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:56 pm

[W2] Gaming Elite Team 359 - 358 Team Meteor - Page 2 E00046e3141045e2baae17e
    Zero
    Zero

[W2] Gaming Elite Team 359 - 358 Team Meteor - Page 2 Empty Re: [W2] Gaming Elite Team 359 - 358 Team Meteor

Post by Zero Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Not taking off Eirik's points, what he did was fine. The main point of conditionals is to make sure people don't hack and that was accomplished through the stream.
    Roy03

Post by Roy03 Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 am

Zero wrote:Not taking off Eirik's points

thats fine

Zero wrote:what he did was fine.

Sry but are you sure you said that? Pls get a lesson in (conditional) rules first and then make a comment what is fine and what is not.

Zero wrote:The main point of conditionals is to make sure people don't hack and that was accomplished through the stream.

No thats wrong either. The main point of conditional is to gain back trust in people who are not trustworthy due to "strange" things happend in wars or players who are suspicious in different ways. How to gain trust? They record and stream in a way which proofs 100% they can't hack in any way. The current recording does not proof anything near 100%.

I (and G37) don't even want Eirik to be penalized anyway. I just want to make sure the rules get followed in a correct way. Eirik just needs to follow his own rules more carefully next week and everything is fine.
    Mahrla

Post by Mahrla Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Rodendi wrote:
    [W2] Gaming Elite Team 359 - 358 Team Meteor - Page 2 E00046e3141045e2baae17e

Well, my phrase "gentlemen's agreement" wasn't referring to the agreement of using allies/2nd team players like mentioned in other posts, but to the general term, so both teams agreeing to do something that's usually forbidden by the rules.
    The problem is that no team is allowed to this anymore, as there is a new general rule: "Any clan or player that tries to manipulate rules may suffer consequences at the staff's discretion."
    So if we would have approved Eirik's stream although it's against the rules, we are manipulating the rules, aren't we (cause we are agreeing to let Meteor do something that they are not allowed to do)?

Not taking off Eirik's points, what he did was fine. The main point of conditionals is to make sure people don't hack and that was accomplished through the stream.

That's ok, but I don't really understand your explanation. Aren't you the person that should tell us (the teams) to follow the rules? So i.e. you won't take off his points, but he has to make sure to have a correct startup the next weeks? For me it sounds like he can go on with this, although every other clan has to follow these new rules - why is there a special treatment for Meteor? Seriously, I want our admin to treat each clan the same (and so he has to make sure that all clans follow the same rules).
    Regarding your last point: of course the main point of conditionals is to make sure that people don't hack. But why have the rules been updated, when before (like in the previous rules) a stream was enough? So there must be a reason why the admins changed this? So why shouldn't clans follow this rule then according to you?
    Zero
    Zero

Post by Zero Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:03 pm

Yes, I'm sure I said that. Like Rod said Eirik has always streamed using his capture card and not had any problems. Not only that, but he's been doing so for the entire time IL has been around which in my opinion has been more than enough time to prove his trustworthiness which you say is the point of conditionals. Plus, I'm not so sure what you can find wrong with his stream (other than it is not a handheld camera) since there is no SD card inserted into the Wii-U and he loaded through the disk channel.

I thought you would have learned from last season that I don't take off points when there is nothing worth punishing. I'm not giving Meteor any sort of "special treatment" at all, I would have done this for anyone in any clan.

And I'm not giving Eirik some sort of pardon to do this for the rest of the season, sorry for not making that clear. I'm letting him slide this time because as Rod said in his picture "No one said anything." I know it's not your job to worry about Eirik's conditionals but seriously? You wait until AFTER the match to bring this up? You've been in the same division as Meteor for 2 straight seasons now and seeing how well you all know these rules I find it hard to believe none of you noticed this before the match.

I don't want to hear another word on this, not even on skype.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:48 am