International League Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+45
Dashi
Kratos
Boshi
Jasie
Anime♥
Skepta
Smithou
Maxøu
Kamek
VToH
NFOGhost
Stevens94
Giant
Larrsauce
Thomas
CHEE2E12
mattie2710
Danov
Lakitu
Peri
~PK~
Bounty
Arpegio
★Sonι¢ζ☆
≈Qαz·7≈
Nec0w
Suppar!
Yusuke
Phil
Senap
Chain
PekeLexi
Yozora
Kaamos
KaruzoURL
acid36
Evoker
Mywo
mage
TK64
Fabe
Mido
Valux
MastaDOEUF
Toasty
49 posters

[W3] NFO 378 vs. 354 FGT

Peri
    Peri

[W3] NFO 378 vs. 354 FGT - Page 6 Empty Re: [W3] NFO 378 vs. 354 FGT

Post by Peri Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Mido wrote:Remember when WCL starts, when trolling wasn't allowed. There were less drama and it was good times.
    But np, see you in our next match & G'luck for your next matches also.

mate you clearly weren't there to read the Unity sandbagging arguments
    Dashi
    Dashi

Post by Dashi Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:18 pm

XeR. This war was yesterday.
    And you're still raging about it ?
    Tu as trouvé le sens de la vie ?
    I'll tell you, it isn't MKWii.

Case closed.
    Toasty
    Toasty

Post by Toasty Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:43 pm

Dashi wrote:XeR. This war was yesterday.
    And you're still raging about it ?
    Tu as trouvé le sens de la vie ?
    I'll tell you, it isn't MKWii.

Case closed.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Mido wrote:Remember when WCL starts, when trolling wasn't allowed. There were less drama and it was good times.
    But np, see you in our next match & G'luck for your next matches also.

WCL rules were also host chooses for the last 3 seasons, so I don't know why people are getting annoyed about it now. When clans say "We play by WCL rules" in their thread, I have the right to troll them if my team is hosting. But for some reason, almost the whole community had the mentality that is was NEVER trolling. (Probably because only one or two matches a whole season even involved it)

I would argue my point more but I'd just be repeating myself for the 20th+ time since there have been so many threads about people complaining about it. If having 1/10 wars as trolling is too much for you, than I'm telling you to leave the league. (Not directed at Mido / only FGT, just quoted Mido for the first part about the WCL rules being the same).
    -StyLor-
    -StyLor-

Post by -StyLor- Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:26 pm

oh why, oh why always the nfo threads ?!?

If a team sees its not able to win by the fair way
    >they gonna pull cheap tactics(bag) or cheap tricks(troll) to win.

nfoplaystyle4life
    Max
    Max

Post by Max Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:16 am

nfo 2bad lol!
    Agosta44

Post by Agosta44 Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:00 am

Bounty wrote:
    Dodging shocks and throwing blues also steals first places, yet those aren't banned nor have people tried to ban them. Question

Those items are in the game and are being used as intended. They're being maximized through voice communications by some teams, which makes them stronger.

Driving backwards was not intended, which was already remedied in future installments of the series. Using that as a comparison to using a lame exploit is moot.

Senap wrote:
    But the problem in your logic is:

MKWii is NOT supposed to be raced in teams. It should be a Free-For-All in the normal Grand Prix mode we are playing here.
    By adding 2 teams the individual points don't matter anymore, all that matters is that your team has the highest points in the end.
    So everything that makes the team get the highest points is a valid strategy (if not forbidden by the previously agreed on rules like glitching or hacking), which makes trolling a totally legitimate stratey in my opinion.

I'm assuming you've never touched another mode outside of VS race. There is a Team VS option, but it is not used because items are extremely overpowered in that mode (especially shock) and competing under VS race is to try and compensate for that.

Like always, trolling is up for discussion on whether it is a valid strategy or not and if it should be allowed. With the current Staff and the Staff during WCL trolling has been allowed no matter how much the community as a whole have disliked it. Many teams and many players quit or refused to play in competitions/the game because of it. Majority of the time the people who are loudest in support to the play style are the ones that need it in order to gain a "W". It really is a shame that it's allowed.
    Stevens94
    Stevens94

Post by Stevens94 Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:17 am

......And so the trolling debate will never cease to exist.
    Senap
    Senap

Post by Senap Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:49 am

Agosta44 wrote:
    I'm assuming you've never touched another mode outside of VS race. There is a Team VS option, but it is not used because items are extremely overpowered in that mode (especially shock) and competing under VS race is to try and compensate for that.

I have played Team GPs, but by reading your post I see that you have never even touched it. Because the teams are mixed up randomly, which makes it highly unlikely that both clans are split up correctly when you play a Team GP. That's why this option isn't used. It has absolutely nothing to do with the items (although they would be another problem if you could pick the teams yourself).

I don't remember exactly how all the polls ended back in the WCL days, but I think that they were never clearly in favor of banning trolling. It was always a close decision. So it was very generous of the WCL to make this host-decide rule to please everybody, but the kids learned that they can get what they want by crying loud & long enough and we are still paying the price today.
    yasha
    yasha

Post by yasha Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:09 am

I really don't see the point of arguing about something that's been done. Locking this thread due to the fact that this turned quickly from "GGs" to a flame war.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:09 pm