International League Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
BlackMagic
dvgeorge
★〃れëøs〃☆
Mywo
acemkw
Larrsauce
Maxøu
TK64
Baseh
13 posters

Change of the default time of IL matches.

Baseh
    Baseh

Change of the default time of IL matches. Empty Change of the default time of IL matches.

Post by Baseh Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:18 am

Just wanted to point out maybe the IL time should be changed to Saturday, Australians wont be able to play otherwise since the time currently is 4am on a Monday morning (lol) and some European players might have school / other irl commitments that make them need to go to sleep earlier and thus preventing them from being able to play in IL. This could all be fixed if we set the default time Saturday. Maybe making it a bit earlier would be better as well idk.

I'm aware the possibility to reschedule is always there but most teams will make up some bs excuse and not even consider rescheduling because they know it will benefit the other team (Not going to mention any names). Consider this someone, idk.
    TK64
    TK64

Change of the default time of IL matches. Empty Re: Change of the default time of IL matches.

Post by TK64 Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:29 am

I'm not entirely sure why it's Sunday rather than Saturday in the first place, Prime League for MK7 has its matches on Saturdays and works out perfectly fine. Why is this not the case here?
    Maxøu
    Maxøu

Change of the default time of IL matches. Empty Re: Change of the default time of IL matches.

Post by Maxøu Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:37 am

All I can say is the matches are hard to organize in D'OEUF because it's at 8:00pm and a lot of members had to eat at this hour. But it's not very important, I think this hour is not bad for west Europeans and Americans clans, who are a big majority of all the clans who participate to the competition.
    In my point of view, set the default time in saturday will not change a lot of things, but if it will help some clans to play and organize the matches, why not ?
    Larrsauce
    Larrsauce

Post by Larrsauce Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:25 am

That's actually a really good idea in my opinion. Sundays are busy for a lot of people, and yes like you said, aus and euros might find it difficult to play their matches. I know alot of people don't or can't play because they are religious, and the default time is on Sunday, around when church ends/starts for people depending on timezones. Saturday is usually a safe day, and matches can still be rescheduled to sunday if it were to be changed.
    acemkw

Post by acemkw Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:57 pm

I agree.
    Mywo

Post by Mywo Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:25 pm

I disagree.People have to do a lot of rl things so Sundays are better .
    ★〃れëøs〃☆
    ★〃れëøs〃☆

Post by ★〃れëøs〃☆ Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:53 pm

lold
    dvgeorge
    dvgeorge

Post by dvgeorge Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:03 pm

Should be up to the teams they should have a choice or something though one day always has to be default so it wouldnt make much of a difference. Personally i dont see why teams wont want to rescedule to me it makes no difference. If a team needs to play on saturday say a week in advance if the other team is being annoying sort it with your admin their should be some rule which allows teams with australian players to have matches played on saturday. Changing the default time seems a bit pointless though, sunday seems to work for most if it doesnt reschedule
    Baseh
    Baseh

Post by Baseh Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:32 pm

dvgeorge wrote:Should be up to the teams they should have a choice or something though one day always has to be default so it wouldnt make much of a difference. Personally i dont see why teams wont want to rescedule to me it makes no difference. If a team needs to play on saturday say a week in advance if the other team is being annoying sort it with your admin their should be some rule which allows teams with australian players to have matches played on saturday. Changing the default time seems a bit pointless though, sunday seems to work for most if it doesnt reschedule

Remember when you were being a complete fag to talk to back in the DV and Up days? And didn't even reschedule until we talked with Leon? That's what I mean.
    dvgeorge
    dvgeorge

Post by dvgeorge Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Baseh wrote:
    dvgeorge wrote:Should be up to the teams they should have a choice or something though one day always has to be default so it wouldnt make much of a difference. Personally i dont see why teams wont want to rescedule to me it makes no difference. If a team needs to play on saturday say a week in advance if the other team is being annoying sort it with your admin their should be some rule which allows teams with australian players to have matches played on saturday. Changing the default time seems a bit pointless though, sunday seems to work for most if it doesnt reschedule

Remember when you were being a complete fag to talk to back in the DV and Up days? And didn't even reschedule until we talked with Leon? That's what I mean.
    Funny you should say that seeing as we were one of the only teams to reshedule with you and we played on a saturday and barely got a team out just so you could use your best LU.
    Baseh
    Baseh

Post by Baseh Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:23 pm

dvgeorge wrote:
    Baseh wrote:

Funny you should say that seeing as we were one of the only teams to reshedule with you and we played on a saturday and barely got a team out just so you could use your best LU.

Not our best lineup, but still, you remember the pain it was? And how every other teams didn't even nudge when we asked to reschedule.
    BlackMagic
    BlackMagic

Post by BlackMagic Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:13 pm

There's few aussies that actually play within the league, so we wouldn't go switching the time just for them.

Not only that, but the Sunday wars have been going on in leagues since the beginning of WCL. This has been going on for a few years. If people didn't like it, something would have been done about it years ago.
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Rookie Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:28 pm

Reasons Why I Disagree:

1) WCL has always been Sundays so Sundays has been MKW tradition for years now. People are used to it.
    2) Europeans I'm almost certain prefer Sundays. From what I've seen, over the years French teams have refused to schedule wars to Saturday for me. Not sure about how currently it is.
    3) MK7 Prime League is at 3:00EST, and I play that every weekend as well. I prefer having them on different days honestly.

Reasons Why I Would Agree

1) Unfair Time for Australians
    2) At least for me sometimes I can't play on Sunday 2:00 matches cuz sometimes I have to go church followed by late breakfast with extended family. This only applies to me though unless others have religious activities running much later, I don't know.

Not siding for anything but just wanted to make a few points.
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:59 pm

BlackMagic wrote:There's few aussies that actually play within the league, so we wouldn't go switching the time just for them.

Not only that, but the Sunday wars have been going on in leagues since the beginning of WCL. This has been going on for a few years. If people didn't like it, something would have been done about it years ago.

I agree, not to sound harsh but the timezones across the world just vary too much and no matter what time the matches are it will be at an time that is really inconvenient for a certain timezone and since the number of Australians is much much fewer than anywhere else, it would be the economical choice to have the timezones work best for the most number of people so we can cater the most people's needs.
    achen
    achen

Post by achen Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:17 am

I would like IL wars to be on Saturdays rather than Sundays mainly because most people, like me are busy on Sundays, so it is harder to play matches on Sundays. Saturdays are usually good days for me since I have nothing to do on Saturdays.
    5olaaar
    5olaaar

Post by 5olaaar Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:29 am

reasons why i agree:

im aussie.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:21 pm