International League Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+56
Owen2013
Peri
CHEE2E12
mattie2710
Senap
waLuigi me
Turbo@mk
Werther
xtaylor64
Ike
Fabe
5olaaar
Fw Monk
Aiko
!C Lambda
Indiana
Mimimi
Zoan
Zoom
Yoshter
Philip
dvgeorge
TheDaveMan
Lukepapers
SMASH
Cobra
Larrsauce
Wheel
★Sonι¢ζ☆
Patrick.K
Peruviankid689
Jaws
Benji
Lytura
Veil
Ballin2
Koopaling97
Strike
ZRake
Nero
Arpegio
Max
Lil'ride
Antho
BlakeUK
Pikachu118
Javo.
Smoke
Blackheart
BlackMagic
flc
Zero
tobtheking2
TK64
Bounty
Boshi
60 posters

Checklist for Season 5

Smoke
    Smoke

Checklist for Season 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: Checklist for Season 5

Post by Smoke Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:13 pm

waLuigi me wrote:
    Smoke wrote:We probably have enough for 9 divisions WITH SUB TEAMS let alone 8... but for some reason this staff will be paranoid for eternity after season 1 disaster... although IMO that was just everyone getting used to a new league. This league has proven worthy enough to be called a successful replacement to WCL and I believe that next season will be a season that will be successful again.

I really do suggest that you seed ALL the teams that have 8 registered and were determined to get there players registered... Throughout each IL season we always have teams that request to join who at anytime mid season can fill in if a team drops out. But how many teams dropped out this season? 2 or 3? Ap was on the waiting list from LAST season and we weren't contacted at all about needing to replace any teams. I think 4 replacement teams is enough.... no need for 12+ when certain teams (Smaller teams that arent your everyday NFO, M, Fw, cB, SA) really want to look forward to fun on Sunday's as well...

Uhhhh. No. Most of these "replacement" teams are from the trash can which are either 1. dead or 2. don't have enough registered, some have zero registered. We barely have enough for 8 divisions and that's with only a few replacements. So please, before you start making accusations and make yourself look like a complete retard, be wary of the situation and get your facts straight.

Have a good day Smile

Hi Wally. I wasn't an asshole at all in that recent post so I didn't expect an asshole response. I'll keep this mature though.

Here are my facts.

6 teams from last season dropped out... (Most AFTER the season)

5 are confirmed on the waiting list to join...

Trusted Alliance
    Revitalize
    Strike from Above 2
    Game Players 7
    Apocalypse 2

9 teams, after those 5, have 8 (enough) to join but weren't confirmed... Although if you put any effort into contacting them im pretty sure they would confirm considering they all recently got 8 together...

Electricity*
    Energy Kings*
    Kinetolic Gaming 2*
    Mexican Pride*
    MKR 2*
    Natural Born Karters*
    No Mercy*
    No Surrender 2*
    Titanium*

A division has 6 teams total... so we would have 2 replacement teams WITH 8 registered along with several others that arent quite at 8 with still 2 weeks to go when many throughout the season still register... many of these teams that don't have 8 yet recently applied to join. I stand corrected on 9 (Unless some of the newer teams finish registering 8 in the next few weeks) but we should have more than enough for 8 divisions to give the smaller clans a chance to enjoy the IL as much as BIG clans like cB who have TWO teams.

My day is over but I had a great day. Hope yours was excellent as well. Thanks.
    waLuigi me
    waLuigi me
    Council Member
    Council Member

Post by waLuigi me Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Smoke wrote:
    waLuigi me wrote:
    Smoke wrote:We probably have enough for 9 divisions WITH SUB TEAMS let alone 8... but for some reason this staff will be paranoid for eternity after season 1 disaster... although IMO that was just everyone getting used to a new league. This league has proven worthy enough to be called a successful replacement to WCL and I believe that next season will be a season that will be successful again.

I really do suggest that you seed ALL the teams that have 8 registered and were determined to get there players registered... Throughout each IL season we always have teams that request to join who at anytime mid season can fill in if a team drops out. But how many teams dropped out this season? 2 or 3? Ap was on the waiting list from LAST season and we weren't contacted at all about needing to replace any teams. I think 4 replacement teams is enough.... no need for 12+ when certain teams (Smaller teams that arent your everyday NFO, M, Fw, cB, SA) really want to look forward to fun on Sunday's as well...

Uhhhh. No. Most of these "replacement" teams are from the trash can which are either 1. dead or 2. don't have enough registered, some have zero registered. We barely have enough for 8 divisions and that's with only a few replacements. So please, before you start making accusations and make yourself look like a complete retard, be wary of the situation and get your facts straight.

Have a good day Smile

Hi Wally. I wasn't an asshole at all in that recent post so I didn't expect an asshole response. I'll keep this mature though.

Here are my facts.

Trusted Alliance
    Revitalize
    Strike from Above 2
    Game Players 7
    Apocalypse 2

9 teams, after those 5, have 8 (enough) to join but weren't confirmed... Although if you put any effort into contacting them im pretty sure they would confirm considering they all recently got 8 together...

Electricity*
    Energy Kings*
    Kinetolic Gaming 2*
    Mexican Pride*
    MKR 2*
    Natural Born Karters*
    No Mercy*
    No Surrender 2*
    Titanium*

A division has 6 teams total... so we would have 2 replacement teams WITH 8 registered along with several others that arent quite at 8 with still 2 weeks to go when many throughout the season still register... many of these teams that don't have 8 yet recently applied to join. I stand corrected on 9 (Unless some of the newer teams finish registering 8 in the next few weeks) but we should have more than enough for 8 divisions to give the smaller clans a chance to enjoy the IL as much as BIG clans like cB who have TWO teams.

You're right to a point in that smaller clans should get a chance to play (which is why 2nd teams don't have priority unless they will fit in divisions better that are higher up). So that being said, with 3 of those teams being 2nd teams, they won't be prioritized to joining the league. However, NBK is a karting clan and idk how competitive they will be in the league and it'll be hard to find a division that will be a good setup for them, nS2 was recently brought back and it's unknown if they even wish to play, KG2 has 2 teams but they have a banned player and idk how active most of the 2nd team even is or how stable they'll be to handle 2 teams. As for some of the others, they just recently got enough members so naturally they will be considered but your impatience and pestering about adding more divisions is unnecessary. If you really wanted to get direct information then you should contact a staff member via skype. I just so happened to log on at a convenient time to check it and you were able to see the response quickly. But your tone was uncalled for in how you wrote your message. Naturally we want as many teams to play as possible but if we have divisions that we can't even refill after teams drop out, THAT's a serious issue that makes the league far less enjoyable.
    Smoke
    Smoke

Post by Smoke Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:01 am

waLuigi me wrote:
    Smoke wrote:
    waLuigi me wrote:

Have a good day Smile

Here are my facts.

Trusted Alliance
    Revitalize
    Strike from Above 2
    Game Players 7
    Apocalypse 2

Electricity*
    Energy Kings*
    Kinetolic Gaming 2*
    Mexican Pride*
    MKR 2*
    Natural Born Karters*
    No Mercy*
    No Surrender 2*
    Titanium*

You're right to a point in that smaller clans should get a chance to play (which is why 2nd teams don't have priority unless they will fit in divisions better that are higher up). So that being said, with 3 of those teams being 2nd teams, they won't be prioritized to joining the league. However, NBK is a karting clan and idk how competitive they will be in the league and it'll be hard to find a division that will be a good setup for them, nS2 was recently brought back and it's unknown if they even wish to play, KG2 has 2 teams but they have a banned player and idk how active most of the 2nd team even is or how stable they'll be to handle 2 teams. As for some of the others, they just recently got enough members so naturally they will be considered but your impatience and pestering about adding more divisions is unnecessary. If you really wanted to get direct information then you should contact a staff member via skype. I just so happened to log on at a convenient time to check it and you were able to see the response quickly. But your tone was uncalled for in how you wrote your message. Naturally we want as many teams to play as possible but if we have divisions that we can't even refill after teams drop out, THAT's a serious issue that makes the league far less enjoyable.

I'm sorry if my tone was wrong but it really wasn't while I was typing it out... I have complete respect for this league and the staff I was just making it known that I believe we should try to have 8 divisions if possible...

As far as talking to a staff member on skype, Boshi and I have been talking for the past few days and he sent me a version of the 8 division system and I was actually talking with him at that very moment when you replied to me here.

I didn't mean to sound like I had a bad tone but I really didn't. I know how it feels to be left out and considering I don't know how much longer people have to play in this community I feel we should give our best effort to fill in 8 divisions for the reasons I mentioned. I know it isn't always ideal to place in teams with 2 teams but most of the teams with 2 teams that are already in the league like to use 2 teams so more than just 5 players in there ESTABLISHED clan can play each week... Its a game of fun after all.

I understand completely your concerns but for clarification purposes we didn't have any major issues this recent season and as far as I can remember since season 1.
    Senap
    Senap

Post by Senap Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:25 am

All the "substitute teams" that aren't seeded for the next season should be playing in some kind of "extra division" against each other, where they can show that they are a reliable clan with enough players available on the sheduled time. Without a real start & end, they just play here until they are seeded in the "real" IL.

So the clans get a sheduled war every week, which is good imo, and the staff can see which clan is worth being considered and which one has to improve their organisation.
    mattie2710
    mattie2710

Post by mattie2710 Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:51 am

Idk why nS2 are not confirmed yet, fabe clearly said earlier both nS1 and nS2 are confirmed for next season.
    CHEE2E12
    CHEE2E12

Post by CHEE2E12 Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:58 am

mattie2710 wrote:Idk why nS2 are not confirmed yet, fabe clearly said earlier both nS1 and nS2 are confirmed for next season.

^

And we should have played last season but the admins didn't put us in so I think it's only fair if you put us in...
    Larrsauce
    Larrsauce

Post by Larrsauce Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:15 pm

1-9
    Peri
    Peri

Post by Peri Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:46 pm

waLuigi me wrote:However, NBK is a karting clan and idk how competitive they will be in the league and it'll be hard to find a division that will be a good setup for them

I didn't realise there was a minimum skill requirement for this league?

Discriminating against them because they choose to use kart's isn't fair either. Your only consideration should be if they are a clan that has enough people and the stability to complete a season.

If you think the skill is so low that everyone else is better than them put them in the last division. If they go 0-10 but they play every match, why should you care? Your being very patronising.

Last edited by Peri on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Philip
    Philip

Post by Philip Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:52 pm

I agree with Peri. You can competitively race with karts too, you know, Wally.
    Owen2013

Post by Owen2013 Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:56 pm

And well I guess Wally hasn't seen NBK.......
    Tyrant
    Tyrant

Post by Tyrant Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Agreed. I've raced against NBK before and they do have skill. It would be unlikely for them to lose every match, because they are semi-skilled players, just deciding to use karts (Which with the lag some players have, choosing the weighted vehicles is probably even a smart move.)
    NBKJonas
    NBKJonas

Post by NBKJonas Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Peri wrote:
    waLuigi me wrote:However, NBK is a karting clan and idk how competitive they will be in the league and it'll be hard to find a division that will be a good setup for them

Discriminating against them cause they cause they choose to use karts isn't fair either. Your only consideration should be if they are a clan that has enough people and the stability to complete a season.

If you think the skill is so low that everyone else is better than them put them in the last division. If they go 0-10 but they play every match, why should you care? Your being very patronising.

Dont worry, my team, NBK wont quit midseason, we´ve been looking foward to this for a while now. Maybe we wont provide the best of competition, but we are good active and will play and try to win every time. We havent cared about line-ups and such before though, so that will be new for us.

Thanks,
    Jonas
    Tyrant
    Tyrant

Post by Tyrant Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:16 pm

To be fair, if NBK get refused a spot in IL and it's solely because they kart, I would honestly be somewhat ashamed that we accept well known karters into the mkwii community, yet don't let them compete.

We as a community know a lot of big karters, and we find them fine, so why is it, that when it comes to a clan of skilled karters such as NBK, we feel it's appropriate to point them out as some kind of "Outcast" clan. Just let them compete if possible and allow them to prove that they deserve their spot.

Atleast they're active, unlike a lot of other clans in the community at the current point in time.
    Yoshter

Post by Yoshter Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:28 pm

I agree to everyone. I hope NBK does get into a division, it would be sad if they didnt due to how some of the people in this community are biased.
    Veil
    Veil

Post by Veil Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:52 pm

Yep. And people being biased is just ridiculous,this commutiny have always looked down on unknown skilled racers,unestimating their ability to race.NBK might look noobish to alot of people out there,but they have the chance to potentially be champions.
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Rookie Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:08 pm

Tranquil's was allowed to play in WCL in a really late season iirc, and they were a jarting clan, don't see why this should be any different
    Javo.
    Javo.

Post by Javo. Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:31 pm

y kg2 only team with 10 active players not confirmed for seedings yet :/?
    5olaaar
    5olaaar

Post by 5olaaar Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:22 am

the lion sleeps tonight.
    Danov
    Danov

Post by Danov Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:58 am

Considering nS2 were meant to play last season but you didn't let them there's no reason to not prioritize them for this season.
    waLuigi me
    waLuigi me
    Council Member
    Council Member

Post by waLuigi me Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:21 pm

Peri wrote:

Discriminating against them because they choose to use kart's isn't fair either. Your only consideration should be if they are a clan that has enough people and the stability to complete a season.

You're misinterpreting. I want NBK to play in this league. I also want them to be able to take a good number of wins away. My point is, is that for having 7 divisions it would be hard to fit them in. With 8 it's much easier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:21 am