Rule Suggestions

Bounty

Rule Suggestions

Post by Bounty on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:43 pm

2 suggestions:

1. I was originally told allies would be banned but they aren't, so I'll suggest it again that they shouldn't be allowed. The reasons are kind of obvious, people get over powered players for their clan and using allies only shows that a clan isn't stable enough to keep their ground in a league without the assistance of a third party.

2. Ban Jap ISO's and other ISO's since many people claim they cause much lag / give an advantage to the players and I've heard it has proven to increase lag (if it doesn't, I apologize).

Thanks for reading this and I hope you consider adding these rules to the current rule set.

Bombe

Penis

Post by Bombe on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:53 pm

I lol'd Rolling Eyes
    rusoX

Re: Rule Suggestions

Post by rusoX on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Jap ISO's dont give lag. It just gives you a red line, etc.

Oh yeah, ban trolling.
    Leon

Post by Leon on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:02 pm

1. Agreed 100%
    2. Your connection speed = your connection speed. ISO can't alter it unless you got like textures or something (which are illegal) on it to slow it down I don't believe. Definitely not the region itself that makes the difference though.

:Season 3:
    Breeze

Post by Breeze on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:03 pm

So far I've seen several clans cheated by using overpowered allies. I hope to see some penalties/deductions taking place. Also people claim Jap ISO lags so they have an excuse when using lag hacks.

Post by Kivicious on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Bounty wrote:2. Ban Jap ISO's and other ISO's since many people claim they cause much lag / give an advantage to the players and I've heard it has proven to increase lag (if it doesn't, I apologize).

I don't agree with this rule. Most of the players play with an ISO because their Wii have a problem or their Wii cannot read discs and if the ISO are banned, almost half the players in this competition will never play any matches. For me, it's a bad thing to ban ISO.
    Bounty

Post by Bounty on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Thanks for the people that actually gave feedback and didn't make an irrelevant comment since I did post this:

Bounty wrote: (if it doesn't, I apologize).

but I guess people still can't read.

Post by VToH on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Totally agree with the allies part. If you don't have enough, then don't play.

Post by Smoke on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:29 pm

I think ISO's cause more lag. I used to be a great host without an ISO... and now with it, I cant even host anymore without terrible lag. I think it does cause more lag, and I agree with the the suggestion except like me, a lot of people wouldnt be able to play because their wii can't load discs and I cba to buy a new/used wii just to play MKW when the Wii U is coming out in 6 months.

Cobra

Post by Cobra on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:26 pm

ISO isnt the cause of lag, i'm playing with that and when i'm hosting, there isnt any lags (When my connection is kinda good) + i use korean iso for playing because the game is more fluid with it, european iso is just shit D:
    + My Wii can't read any disk
    Roxas

Post by Roxas on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:40 pm

VToH wrote:Totally agree with the allies part. If you don't have enough, then don't play.

i lold xDDDDD

Bounty you cant lose and this rules go to uk because Fw2 lose vs uk (sry for my bad english) no more to say for this thread Rolling Eyes

Cobra

Post by Cobra on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:46 pm

Just allow allies for S1 and not allow them for the next season, this season already start and no rules about this before the start
    VToH

Post by VToH on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Roxas wrote:
    VToH wrote:Totally agree with the allies part. If you don't have enough, then don't play.

i lold xDDDDD

Bounty you cant lose and this rules go to uk because Fw2 lose vs uk (sry for my bad english) no more to say for this thread Rolling Eyes

That's TOTALLY the reasoning as to why Bounty made this thread. Obviously.

Post by Bounty on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:00 am

Roxas wrote:

i lold xDDDDD

Another arrogant twat, to be expected.

I've has this idea for a while and since I wanted to post about the allies I thought I'd add in this as well. I didn't even know you were using an ISO in the war against Fw2 lol.

It's that some flow members have used them and people have complained that is causes lag and I have heard many people say that.

It's not good to get arrogant after one good performance, all that will do is make you the laughing stock when you don't do so well.

Post by Stevens94 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:09 am

Bounty was pushing for no allies before IL was even thought of. I should know as we're in the same clan. The assumption that he made this thread just because fw2 lost against you is ridiculous. It's merely the fact that you used an ally, he still would have made this thread if we won. Trust me on that.

Crash

Post by Crash on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:01 am

1. hmmm and why the fuck did I heard no one complaining when Jaden registered for μκ?
    2. Much players HAVE to use ISO's cuz their Wii can't read any disks so this argument is invalid. Rolling Eyes
    Oh yea, and when you lag some autopilot activates and no one can hit you am I right Bounty?

Post by Roxas on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:09 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=897jlnmTYqE @ mods xDDD
    Poliwhirl

Post by Poliwhirl on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:12 am

loluk greatjob keep it up1

I agree with no allies.

Post by Danov on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:40 am

There's no point in posting there wouldn't be allies in the first place, and then allowing them. Just makes everything confusing, allies should definitely be banned.
    Stevens94

Post by Stevens94 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:56 am

Crash wrote:1. hmmm and why the fuck did I heard no one complaining when Jaden registered for μκ?
    2. Much players HAVE to use ISO's cuz their Wii can't read any disks so this argument is invalid. Rolling Eyes
    Oh yea, and when you lag some autopilot activates and no one can hit you am I right Bounty?

1. Probably because no one outside of the mods actually knew he was registered. Pretty much everyone has been doing exams myself included, so checking every team's registries has been the least of anyone's worries. Also the mods aren't the only ones to blame. Everyone should have made sure they read the season one preparation thread, and uk should not have allowed Jaden to register for them. Eirik posted on that thread that ALLIES WERE NOT ALLOWED. Yet Jaden said he knows that other clans are apparently going to use allies. I couldn't really aruge with him because I found that the rule against allies wasn't there yet.
    Eirik has been busy with exams like the rest of us and it seems he forgot to add the rule for it. It happens. Leon made a mistake letting Jaden register for uk. He thought Jaden left G13 hence why he allowed him to register. That is why this thread has been made, because an ally in general was used. Not because we lost, we have accepted it, don't worry about that. I feel the start of this league was a bit too rushed, but nevermind, we just have to go from here. It is most likely that allies will now be banned from next week though.

2. ISO's are unfair and a lot of people use different regions for fun. Unless you can prove that you have to use a different iso in order to play, you should be banned from using other iso's. But they do increase lag which is why they should be banned. For those who have to use iso's, either they should prove it or tough shit, to be blunt, lol.

EDIT: http://ilforums.forumotion.com/t126-season-one-preparation Take a look at first post.

EirikN wrote:PLEASE NOTE: Allies are not allowed in this league. Sub-clans/communities are allowed as long as there are no members in these teams that belong to another clan participating in the league.

^ That topic was posted on 7th June. I'm pretty sure that most people read this and yet people didn't read it properly. EVERYONE is to blame for the cock-ups the IL is having so far.

EDIT 2: I have also spoken to a couple uk members and sorted things out. All's good.

~vooky~

Post by ~vooky~ on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:40 pm

I lol'd
    shame shame shame shame Rolling Eyes
    VToH

Post by VToH on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:41 pm

Roxas wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=897jlnmTYqE @ mods xDDD

omg, that was SO funny xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Agosta44

Post by Agosta44 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Since the community has devolved to "blame everything" and "anything to win", is there solid proof that ISO's cause lag? I find it hard to believe a NINTENDO GAME will search out a Japanese server (for a japanese ISO) instead of the closest server to your location. This thread is the first time I've ever heard of this claim.
    larry

Post by larry on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:52 pm

i think people using ISOs that are different from their own region should be banned. i know from experience that ISOs from seperate regions DO CAUSE LAG. i use japanese iso whenever i WW, and i can say that my lag is just immense. i can think of countless times where iv thrown reds and they hit people behind me, or my trail items hit someone that isnt even close to me on my screen. when using an iso, you are playing in a server for THAT specific region, which allows you to play regional VS races. ofcourse the amount of lag caused by an ISO depends on the user's connection, but the fact that the ISO causes lag regardless is the reason it should be banned. on the other hand, people that use ISOs that are for their own region should be allowed, because not everyone has a working disc drive.

sorry if i worded some of this wrong, im not a very good speaker which is usually why i keep my mouth shut in the community xD.
    Breeze

Post by Breeze on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:08 am

I think it's very clear that ISO's are causing a lot of lag, and the majority of the community want them banned. It should be a rule to state your region and use the same region on Mario Kart or get a -100 penalty. I'm sorry but I have had many computer consoles and they have never broken with the exception of Xbox 360's. I personally think a lot of people are making up the "I can't use the disc channel" to use ISO's and create lag and potentially use hacks. We need region proof of each and every player and IF they can't run through the Mario Kart Wii Disc Channel, they will need video proof of it and will also be permanently on the conditional rule, simple as that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:39 pm