International League Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
PokeMasterCalvin
Rodendi
LoneWolf
Sasuke III
Jaws
Vettel
sousu1
SuperTorn
5olaaar
thechillzor
Lukepapers
Biscuits aka "Josh"
BairdN
Agosta44
acemkw
Zero
Kabazauls
★Sonι¢ζ☆
Stevens94
SM4e
Arpegio
Thomas
Blackheart
Bounty
Veil
flc
30 posters

The trolling rule needs revising.

Poll

Which trolling rule should be used?

[ 39 ]
    The trolling rule needs revising. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap46%The trolling rule needs revising. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [46%] 
    [ 11 ]
    The trolling rule needs revising. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%The trolling rule needs revising. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 34 ]
    The trolling rule needs revising. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap40%The trolling rule needs revising. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [40%] 

Total Votes: 84
    sousu1
    sousu1

The trolling rule needs revising. - Page 2 Empty Re: The trolling rule needs revising.

Post by sousu1 Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Disallow all item use/being lapped.

One of the major reasons that the Japanese metagame has turned out much better than ours is that they have that exact rule in almost every war. People learned to not focus so much on SHOCK DODGE DODGE SHOCK SHOCK DODGE DODGE SHOCK every goddamn war because it started losing them wars and becoming harder to suicide w/o trolling, besides already causing one player to score very low points and put complete pressure on his teammates to score high or else cause failure. Clans in Japan still suicide bag today but this rule has discouraged it heavily and led to more growth in overall community skill and that's something I support absolutely.
    Vettel
    Vettel

The trolling rule needs revising. - Page 2 Empty Re: The trolling rule needs revising.

Post by Vettel Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:56 pm

idk if anyone said that before because I was too lazy to read everything
    best solution in my pinion would be, that both teams need to say "yes" to trolling and not just the host team
    Biscuits aka
    Biscuits aka "Josh"

Post by Biscuits aka "Josh" Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Vettel wrote:idk if anyone said that before because I was too lazy to read everything
    best solution in my pinion would be, that both teams need to say "yes" to trolling and not just the host team

The trolling rule needs revising. - Page 2 7982%20-%20animated_gif%20tagme%20thumbs_up
    Arpegio
    Arpegio

Post by Arpegio Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:41 pm

sousu1 wrote:Disallow all item use/being lapped.

One of the major reasons that the Japanese metagame has turned out much better than ours is that they have that exact rule in almost every war. People learned to not focus so much on SHOCK DODGE DODGE SHOCK SHOCK DODGE DODGE SHOCK every goddamn war because it started losing them wars and becoming harder to suicide w/o trolling, besides already causing one player to score very low points and put complete pressure on his teammates to score high or else cause failure. Clans in Japan still suicide bag today but this rule has discouraged it heavily and led to more growth in overall community skill and that's something I support absolutely.
    Since when Japan is an example ? I'm sick of this cult, lol.

Mario Kart League (french league) already tried 3rd option for nearly two seasons (sixteen seasons in total), when the trolling rule finally came back to "normal" (i.e. 2nd option + host decides). So, why did MKL go back ? Once lapped, many baggers still used items when they couldn't hit anyone, fighting for the 9th place, other players being on another side of the track. It leads to many dramas, even worse than the rare ones we have nowadays.
    It is a shame this debate has been digged up only because of a totally random friendly clan war between Revitalize and... Imperious. No

Vettel wrote:idk if anyone said that before because I was too lazy to read everything
    This is utopic. There still will be clans which enjoy trolling because this is probably their best chance to win.
    Jaws

Post by Jaws Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:42 pm

The current format is perfect, one week out of the two matches, each team is able to decide if trolling is allowed. There's no other option that would be superior to this one.
    Sasuke III
    Sasuke III

Post by Sasuke III Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Not allowing people to use strategy they want is retarded, just allow trolling for good.
    If you're the best team, you should be able to win no matter the situation.

If some clan cannot deal with trolling, they'll have to get better with it if they wanna claim to be good that's it.

Disallow Single-Target Item Hits

So basically, using a group item to own one player is fair (Aka targetshocking) but trying to star that person is terrible ?
    When someone is trolling with a star he might get two people at the same time, so I guess it'd be allowed ?

All that bs is always making me laugh.
    Shock has been the most lul troll item in the game and it should be the only one allowed. (ya sorry I never saw any team bagging for the POW, Blooper yet, which only leaves the shock)

"Disallow All Item Use/Being Lapped"

Nah this is way too bullshit, I'd rather go with:

- Star can't be used if more than 43% lapped; Mega 62% of a lap behind the first, and bill 20%.

This rule has been used in MKL and that was shit I guess ?
    But can't wait for drama when the guy is like "I used the shock when 99.9999% at 0"00000001 before getting lapped, so no penalty

NO ON MY SCREEN ITS OBV U WERE LAPPED ALREADY

Or the poor random guy out of everything because he got lapped using a star in the offroad by mistake and getting recorded, resulting in a penaly because rules are rules.

Though I have a good rule idea:

BLUES ARE BANNED FROM THE GAME !

Tired of frontrunning and getting blued ? It ruins your lines, your timing ? You were about to beat your TT shroomless time ?
    Well no more worries.

In fact maybe we should disallow any item use and getting a TC would result in a -500.
    LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:37 pm

I always had thought going back words in this game was such a stupid idea. Its not fun, racing is so much better. If you stop for shock thats fine but trolling and going back words just is pathetic tbh. I mean, even now i do it but honestly i hate dong it its just better off to race.
    Rodendi
    Rodendi

Post by Rodendi Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:05 pm

LoneWolf wrote:I always had thought going back words in this game was such a stupid idea. Its not fun, racing is so much better. If you stop for shock thats fine but trolling and going back words just is pathetic tbh. I mean, even now i do it but honestly i hate dong it its just better off to race.

I think that doing well in wars with trolling requires a larger variety of sills and much more exciting than ones in which people stick solely to racing. You've said that you don't like them because you hate having to be more cautious to evade trollers.

Also, I--and a fair amount of other people, it seems, given the amount of good suicide baggers and trollers that we have in the community and the closeness of the vote--enjoy going backwards and doing something out of the usual forward racing once in a while, or at least the intensity of wars with people who do. Don't state your opinions as if they're facts.

Oh, and one more thing. I think that your getting another person with a seemingly neutral opinion on this matter to vote for your preferred result in what people are hoping to be a real representation of people's opinions is pathetic tbh.
    PokeMasterCalvin
    PokeMasterCalvin

Post by PokeMasterCalvin Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:07 am

Yoyo, it's a game.

Anything in that you can do in the game that isn't hacking or glitching is fair game. Let people troll. And let the haters get mad.
    toadster101
    toadster101

Post by toadster101 Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:48 pm

flc wrote:the debate has been around for ages, but during the last 4 wcl seasons, bash was the one making the decisions and he was extremely biased and rarely actually did anything. I was the one trying to make the trolling rule change back then as well.
    Give credit where credit is due.

SM4e wrote:I'm sure a lot of clans would leave the competition, if trolling was allowed again. Trolling is an oppotunity for weaker clans to have a chance to win. That's why I actually think, it'd be the idea to let the rules the way they are right now because of the high loss of skill.
    The weaker clans are the ones who want to ban trolling because they can't beat it.

Agosta44 wrote:Option C without question. Add a subrule about short tracks like Yoshi Falls or Ghost Valley for some protection ie: hit in the back -> falls off -> target shocked -> someone dodges and happens to pass them.
    What if my mom yells at me during the middle of a race and tells me to let the family dog out? This is why complex bans are dumb.

LoneWolf wrote:I always had thought going back words in this game was such a stupid idea. Its not fun, racing is so much better. If you stop for shock thats fine but trolling and going back words just is pathetic tbh. I mean, even now i do it but honestly i hate dong it its just better off to race.
    If it's better off to race, why ban trolling? Why am I pathetic for playing to win?
    Destroyer

Post by Destroyer Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:28 pm

Trolling is a Risk/Reward system.
    1. Bagger has to get Shock.
    2. Players have to get dodges (bout 2-3 players)
    3. Could get top 3-5 if shock is used correctly
    4. Frontrunners have to be more alert so they dont get starred.
    5. It can win wars if used correctly.

This Strategy requires skill to use correctly,but can go against you

1. Opponents could predict shock.
    2. Shock could be used too late
    3. Might not get shock.
    4. Players get dodges for nothing (opponents could get a long lead too long for a dodge to catch up to)

The strategy is a good idea and requires skill and that is why top clans win their wars
    Lower down clans complain cause they cant do this strat.
    waLuigi me
    waLuigi me
    Council Member
    Council Member

Post by waLuigi me Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:01 pm

I don't know if people actually forgot the rule, but trolling is allowed by default. Allowing the host of the match decide whether or not they want trolling is perfectly reasonable. It allows those clans to have trolling matches AT LEAST half of the weeks played. It's a great middle ground and the only reason this was even an issue was because of a ruling last season. While taking item boxes should never have been considered trolling in the first place, that's how the rule was in place. Now lets put it in perspective, that didn't cause im to lose IL. While it caused the match to not benefit them, that's not why they lost IL, they lost IL because they ended the season with less points than KC.

In my opinion, the trolling rule is fine. If nothing is stated, trolling is allowed, otherwise, host gets to decide. I'm not a huge fan of trolling wars, but I don't dislike them either if I'm expecting them. The only thing that may need to be addressed is what is considered trolling for those few weeks that trolling isn't allowed for teams.

EDIT: While I appreciate the vote to allow me to see the opinions of this league, this poll by no means determines the final ruling on this matter. Just wanted to let everyone here know that just in case they couldn't figure out that someone not associated with the staff making a poll has no direct connection to a change in the ruling.
    Mierda

Post by Mierda Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:19 am

PokeMasterCalvin wrote:Yoyo, it's a game.

Anything in that you can do in the game that isn't hacking or glitching is fair game. Let people troll. And let the haters get mad.

for once i agree with this guy

anything you can do without hacks or unintended glitches is fair game

and yes SINCE YOU CAN DRIVE BACKWARDS AND USE AN ITEM AT THE SAME TIME WITHOUT HACKING IT SHOULD BE ALLOWED
    flc

Post by flc Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:56 pm

waLuigi me wrote:I don't know if people actually forgot the rule, but trolling is allowed by default. Allowing the host of the match decide whether or not they want trolling is perfectly reasonable. It allows those clans to have trolling matches AT LEAST half of the weeks played. It's a great middle ground and the only reason this was even an issue was because of a ruling last season. While taking item boxes should never have been considered trolling in the first place, that's how the rule was in place. Now lets put it in perspective, that didn't cause im to lose IL. While it caused the match to not benefit them, that's not why they lost IL, they lost IL because they ended the season with less points than KC.

In my opinion, the trolling rule is fine. If nothing is stated, trolling is allowed, otherwise, host gets to decide. I'm not a huge fan of trolling wars, but I don't dislike them either if I'm expecting them. The only thing that may need to be addressed is what is considered trolling for those few weeks that trolling isn't allowed for teams.

EDIT: While I appreciate the vote to allow me to see the opinions of this league, this poll by no means determines the final ruling on this matter. Just wanted to let everyone here know that just in case they couldn't figure out that someone not associated with the staff making a poll has no direct connection to a change in the ruling.

you have misunderstood my intentions with this thread.

the rule itself--what constitutes trolling, who can do it, when it can be done--is awful, ambiguous and easily taken advantage of in situations like the one that brought this thread about. wheelie bumps and stolen boxes being penalised is fucking stupid, and always has been. being hit by items? sure, ok, but only because scrubs will complain about it and leave the league if it's not disallowed.

the shock should count as an item hit, but it never will because, again, scrubs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 am