International League Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Veil
Rodendi
Rookie
~PK~
Tyrant
mattie2710
BlackMagic
Mahrla
Thomas
acemkw
TK64
HerisS
Javo.
Cobra
★λтch'
SM4e
tobtheking2
flc
Blackheart
NYAP
Mido
Zero
Phil
waLuigi me
PekeLexi
Senap
Vettel
dvgeorge
karlo
★Sonι¢ζ☆
Fasuke
Complex1337
Larrsauce
Philip
Danov
Lloydster
~vooky~
Trevor
Bounty
43 posters

Rule Additions for Season 4

★λтch'

Rule Additions for Season 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rule Additions for Season 4

Post by ★λтch' Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Javo. wrote:
    Don't say you don't lag 'atch' and others, because the simple fact is you do lag more than if you would use your iso for your region.

What, are you not good enough to unlock funky kong again? As for me I'll beat you with king boo all day.

I don't have a jap or corean ISO bro, just an american one, so I don't see any problem, and I already know that I don't lag, nobody told me just once that I lagged during a war. Inform yourself before saying shit pls.
    TK64
    TK64

Post by TK64 Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Javo. wrote:Finally an iso rule. I've always hated players playing with their little jap and Korean isos lagging out of my reds, lagging up spots, and thinking they're so good when they score higher because of it.

this

it causes more lag, this isn't even debatable, it's just fact.
    acemkw

Post by acemkw Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:29 pm

i dont see why shitheads from europe use an american iso like wtf
    Thomas
    Thomas

Post by Thomas Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:06 pm

Thanks for these rules, at least we won't see laggy jap wannabes anymore
    Larrsauce
    Larrsauce

Post by Larrsauce Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Look, I can atleast understand why people from Europe are angry. PAL iso's are honestly the shittiest iso known to man they are so laggy on your screen it's awful.
    Thomas
    Thomas

Post by Thomas Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:17 pm

That's right but well if some europeans still keep the PAL iso then the others europeans have to do it too.
    Mahrla

Post by Mahrla Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:53 pm

g. Registrations made after 11:59pm GMT Saturday will not be able to play for that week's match.

III - War Structure
    c. Gentlemen's agreements are not allowed. Only players who have correctly registered for their with the right FCs are allowed to play.
    Note: Even if people go through with a gentlemen's agreement before the match it will NOT be accepted. This is to prevent any ambiguity.

Can you clarify the phrase "correctly registered", especially in consideration to the rule above? So i.e.:
    - is a player "correctly registered" if he posted a correct registration before 23:59 GMT, but didn't get transfered by the reg admins before the match?
    - is a player "correctly registered" if he posted a wrong registration before 23:59 GMT (wrong = pic unreadable or pic only shows 2 of 4 fcs) (and so of course won't get transfered) and updates his registration shortly after the match with the correct information?
    - is a player "correctly registered" only after he got transfered to his team (so if not transfered before the match = unregistered)?

Oh, and btw. you are missing a word in the second rule ("Only players who have correctly registered for their [team/clan] with the right FCs are allowed to play.").

IV 

d. If all participating racers appear on the results screen, the race counts (with the exception of rule e.)
    e. If 3 or more people d/c and at least one is from each team, the race does not count
 (Under Debate to make it better)

Rule IV d. is good, as it covers the case if there are 10/10 people on the voting screen, but a player dcs between the course selection and the loading of the track (so a person probably dcs on the voting screen on his screen, but not on the others screen). So in these cases both clans should just finish the race and if there are 10 people on the screen the race counts; and if there are only 9 people on the screen, the person really had a dc before the race (means before the race was loaded), so the race does not count.
    For rule e. I'm of the same opinion as SM4e. Let's say a clan is driving on top 4 in lap 3. Then their sandbagger gets a dc. So the other team can just dc with 2 players (on purpose), so that the race doesn't count. The problem is: I don't really think that clans would actually dc on purpose, but what if exactly this scenario happens and 2 players from the other team get a real dc? According to the rules the race won't count, but I'm sure we'll see 10+ pages of flame each time this happens.
    So either increase the number of dcs ("if 4 or more people dc and at least 2 are from each team ...") or leave it out, imo.
    BlackMagic
    BlackMagic

Post by BlackMagic Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Mahrla wrote:Can you clarify the phrase "correctly registered", especially in consideration to the rule above? So i.e.:
    - is a player "correctly registered" only after he got transferred to his team (so if not transferred before the match = unregistered)?
    This is the one you should go by and I will be going by. If they aren't inside the team registration thread for their team, they will not be able to play that match.

- is a player "correctly registered" if he posted a correct registration before 23:59 GMT, but didn't get transfered by the reg admins before the match?
    This also ties in with the previous one. If a racer has the correct registration done before 23:59 GMT they will be transferred into their team registration before the match allowing them to play. If they are not in the team registration before the match, they cannot play.

So to sum it up, if you aren't inside the team registration for the team you play with, you can't play regardless if the other team allows it. Thanks for bringing that up.
    mattie2710
    mattie2710

Post by mattie2710 Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:14 pm

So, moral of the story is, don't use ISO's. Simple.
    Tyrant
    Tyrant

Post by Tyrant Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:34 pm

Thomas wrote:That's right but well if some europeans still keep the PAL iso then the others europeans have to do it too.
    Its fair enough to say that, but then it puts all European ISO users at a disadvantage to American ISO users. The European ISOs are so much worse, forcing players to race with them (More lag and freezing than American ISO) would give all American ISO users too much of a benefit, and screw over Europeans.

Last edited by Tyrant on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos Galore)
    Larrsauce
    Larrsauce

Post by Larrsauce Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Honestly I'd have to agree with that. Some people use Japanese isos for the region or line, but for some it's just the simple fact it doesn't lag or freeze on their screen compared to an american or PAL iso. It's also way easier to obtain a japanese iso, because there are more seeders and what not when trying to torrent, and a lot of the time Jap isos are way more reliable, in my humble opinion. That and when I talk to people or play with people who have used both a japanese and european iso, like marlin he has lagged more for me and others playing with him on his euro iso. On his screen and others.

To sum up my post; I'm not against the iso rule I believe it makes sense but Euro's are at a considerable disadvantage if you have ever experienced playing on numerous isos.
    flc

Post by flc Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:55 pm

Larrsauce wrote: because there are more seeders and what not when trying to torrent

took me 5 days to download mine compared to like an hour for the PAL version, which btw works perfectly

if people have problems with their ISOs then it's most likely their own fault for not softmodding properly

ADDED: also can we do something about that stupid -20 for taking an item box rule, kc just won the IL because of it even though they lost to AR
    Larrsauce
    Larrsauce

Post by Larrsauce Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:40 pm

flc wrote:

took me 5 days to download mine compared to like an hour for the PAL version, which btw works perfectly

if people have problems with their ISOs then it's most likely their own fault for not softmodding properly

Nah, I had a reasonably good internet connection before my isp went balls, can't find ping / speedtest results but they always came back above par, so when it took me 3 days to download a pal iso, realised it didn't work properly and only worked in black and white when the japanese one I had tried minutes before and had it work perfectly on the same channel loader, I retried on a different download. It took another two days and this one would freeze all the time and not load battles online. I was persistant and tried again, finally got a download which only took me a day and a half and it works better but still freezes and lags way more than the Korean, Japanese or American iso's I had. The PAL iso's do have problems, and that is with someone who softmodded their wii properly.

and btw i agree with the issue you bring up on the item box thing.
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:54 pm

SM4e wrote:
    Bounty wrote:e. If 3 or more people d/c and at least one is from each team, the race does not count
 (Under Debate to make it better)

Uhm Bounty.
    What if you d/c in lap1 but you are about to do top4 in lap3 and your opponent just d/c's twice on purpose. So the race wouldn't count even though the disadvantaged team would have won. I'd suggest to change the rule to: If 4 or more people d/c and there are from two d/c's on each team, the race does not count

That's why I put the bracket that we're going to update the rule since we realized that after. We want to try and get a rule where mass d/c races aren't counted so we're going to re-word this one if we can, or else it won't be put in place.

EDIT: Read Marhla's post and will update to 4 dc's, with at least 2 on each team.

Last edited by Bounty on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:54 pm

HerisS wrote:Lolwat @ ISO rule. I don't see the problems, I never lagged more with. Neutral

Anyways, Im gonna change FCs to play with my european ISO then. Hope you won't put me in conditionnals because I change FCs. Rule Additions for Season 4 - Page 3 Troll-3000ff8

People that have to change their FC's due to an ISO won't be counted as having to change their FCs and get the blue highlight.
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:58 pm

flc wrote:
    Larrsauce wrote: because there are more seeders and what not when trying to torrent

ADDED: also can we do something about that stupid -20 for taking an item box rule, kc just won the IL because of it even though they lost to AR

I've never liked that box rule because it's way too ambiguous in many cases and lag box steals is so common it's unreal. I'm going to remove that from the trolling rules but it will still be applied for that Match if Boshi thinks it's breaking that rule.
    Larrsauce
    Larrsauce

Post by Larrsauce Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:03 pm

No pressure Boshi
    ~PK~
    ~PK~

Post by ~PK~ Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:35 pm

Why do Elegance members shit up every thread they post in? What a bunch of children.
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Rookie Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:00 pm

gonna switch things up and ask about subclans/communities

you say the ones currently in the league will still be allowed to play, but I want to know if HD would be allowed back in future seasons maybe (depends on player interest for us, it was too low to play this next one) and we are no longer participating and are a community. It's not like we'd be new, we've played MKW leagues since S7 of WCL now only missing Season 10, so just want to know if we'd be allowed to ever rejoin.
    BlackMagic
    BlackMagic

Post by BlackMagic Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:02 pm

I'd assume that HD or any past subclan/community that had to drop would still be able to play if they were to come back. Only new ones won't be able to play within the league.
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:11 pm

I think it would be fair to let past subs/communities back, so personally, I'd say HD is allowed.
    flc

Post by flc Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:05 am

Bounty wrote:

I've never liked that box rule because it's way too ambiguous in many cases and lag box steals is so common it's unreal. I'm going to remove that from the trolling rules but it will still be applied for that Match if Boshi thinks it's breaking that rule.

na that's fine, just don't want to see it happen a second time is all
    Senap
    Senap

Post by Senap Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:12 am

Anybody who says the EU ISO is bad, is either lying to keep his precious different coloured line and his precious different flag, or imagining things.

I have used the European ISO since the first day a USB loader was available and have played a lot of MKW since then and I didn't notice any freezes/lags/whatever. It's 1:1 the same as playing with the disc. Maybe you should turn off the hacks, I've heard that will prevent freezes Smile.
    Rodendi
    Rodendi

Post by Rodendi Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:16 am

Senap wrote:Anybody who says the EU ISO is bad, is either lying to keep his precious different coloured line and his precious different flag, or imagining things.

I have used the European ISO since the first day a USB loader was available and have played a lot of MKW since then and I didn't notice any freezes/lags/whatever. It's 1:1 the same as playing with the disc. Maybe you should turn off the hacks, I've heard that will prevent freezes Smile.

I love you.
    Veil
    Veil

Post by Veil Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:24 am

Nice rules Bounty,but just to clarify two simple questions,
    1)Is region changer still allowed?
    2)If a subclan/community is not eligible for IL this season,are they allowed to try again next season?

And just to make myself clear,I have an american Wii,but live in Singapore,which is about the other side of the earth,so sorry if I lag tongue

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:01 am