International League Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Vettel
flc
Agosta44
LoneWolf
Bounty
CHEE2E12
BlackMagic
Zoom
Larrsauce
Baseh
14 posters

Single Shrooms.

Baseh
    Baseh

Single Shrooms. Empty Single Shrooms.

Post by Baseh Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:58 pm

I have seen some people in this forum saying that players got single shrooms in a bottom spot because all the power items were taken by another player. Some people even thought that if someone were to get a single shroom in a bottom position, there was someone GURU'ing in the room.

Recently, I had a 5v5 vs Avail, I blew out at the start of the race so I got in last instantly. When I approached the FIRST set of item boxes lap 1 in 10th / 9th (not exactly sure) I got a single shroom, unfortunately I couldn't record this. This would destroy the theory that the reason people get single shrooms in a bottom spot is because everyone is holding a power item.

What's your opinion on this? Do you think there is a correlation between single shrooms in a bottom spot and hacking? I think there might be now.

Also, I'm not calling hacks on anyone at all, that's irrelevant.
    Larrsauce
    Larrsauce

Single Shrooms. Empty Re: Single Shrooms.

Post by Larrsauce Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Was wondering the same thing. Tbh I don't like the myth of single shrooms in bottom positions = hacks, but the reasoning behind why it isn't hacks when people call hacks just gets completely blown out of the water when something like this happens. I think this just proves that someone is hacking, or the fact single shrooms in last does not mean hacks, no matter what.
    Zoom

Post by Zoom Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:46 pm

I actually had a conversation about coolguy about this topic...

Spoiler:

In the end; hi

BlackMagic
    BlackMagic

Post by BlackMagic Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:22 pm

I don't know why this got out tbh. I'm pretty sure everyone has gotten a single shroom in 7th or lower at least once a war almost, but for those who believe that, I guess we should just ban everyone in the league since we all hack then.
    Zoom

Post by Zoom Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Good idea Kappie!
    Baseh
    Baseh

Post by Baseh Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:45 pm

BlackMagic wrote:I don't know why this got out tbh. I'm pretty sure everyone has gotten a single shroom in 7th or lower at least once a war almost, but for those who believe that, I guess we should just ban everyone in the league since we all hack then.

Yes we all have, but on the first box not many people get single shrooms.
    CHEE2E12
    CHEE2E12

Post by CHEE2E12 Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:40 pm

Zoom wrote:I actually had a conversation about coolguy about this topic...

Spoiler:

In the end; hi

you and cool are so fucking close
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:31 pm

This happened to me once to in a WW. I got the first cube in 12th and got a single shroom on MvH and Sp Aqua spammed a bill instantly in 11th first box a long time ago.
    Larrsauce
    Larrsauce

Post by Larrsauce Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:34 pm

Ok so does this mean you think Aqua hacks, or that it's just purely part of the game, getting single shrooms in bottom positions? Like really, I'm getting sort of fed up with people saying oh single shroom in last blatant hacks and shit. Yea, it's a piss off, but I don't believe that it's hacks, but at the same time I don't believe this myth is completely faulty.
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:41 pm

I think he got hacking at one point, not sure though, I might be thinking of someone else. That aside, it's more to back up Baseh's point that the dodger theory can't be true, unless all dodgers were obtained at the first set of cubes and if that happened, I'd think someone was hacking.
    Larrsauce
    Larrsauce

Post by Larrsauce Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Yeah I don't think you can pull all the dodges first set. Which backs up Base's theory, but does it prove single shrooms in bottom spots are hacks, or just part of the item roulette?
    Bounty
    Bounty

Post by Bounty Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:14 pm

I do not know.
    LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:09 pm

This is just from personal experience. I remember in a war vs Meteor it was on bc3 i was in 9th and baird was in 10th and he had shock. No one else was around us and he used shock for his clan and we were near the last set of boxes on bc3. So on my screen I hit the box in 10th and i spammed my item and pulled the bill. Mean while baird had hit another box and it said he was in 10th and he got the single shroom. That situation i think the game wanted to give baird the bill in 10th but since i hit the box in 10th and i spammed my item roulette it gave it to me and since i had it baird cant have it the game gave him the single shroom. The theory on the single shroom meaning some1 is guruing is not proven i dont really think its true cause theres so many situations it happens randomly. I chained shock in last and got a single shroom i think it just randomly happens cause of lag mainly.
    Agosta44

Post by Agosta44 Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Single mushroom is the fallback item etc etc

No one accepts this so not going to bother continuing.
    flc

Post by flc Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:57 am

it's too much to expect of a community as retarded as this to understand the concept of latency, agosta. let's just leave the children to figure it out for themselves and come up with the next foolproof method for catching hackers that doesn't work and gets a lot of good players banned.
    Vettel
    Vettel

Post by Vettel Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:31 am

anyone wants to write an e-mail to Nin10do?
    CHEE2E12
    CHEE2E12

Post by CHEE2E12 Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:24 am

Single Shrooms. M3f3q

When X = The Quantity of an Item (I) possible in play, once the maximum Quantity has been reached it is substituted by a Mushroom (M) until it re-spawns.
    (XI=M)

(C) Bissel Images 2012

Last edited by CHEE2E12 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Vettel
    Vettel

Post by Vettel Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:20 pm

CHEE2E12 wrote:Single Shrooms. M3f3q

When X = The Quantity of an Item (I) possible in play, once the maximum Quantity has been reached it is substituted by a Mushroom (M) until it re-spawns.
    (XI=M)

the weird thing is just, that it happens more often now (I'm not sure about this, just saying what people told me or what I read)...and you can't say that people hold items longer now because every team is more based on shock when it happens at first item boxes
    Larrsauce
    Larrsauce

Post by Larrsauce Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:39 pm

I see 2 arrogant idiots from Imperious and a fancy table. But still no proof on anything.

Spoiler:
    Agosta44

Post by Agosta44 Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:00 pm

[quote="Vettel"]
    CHEE2E12 wrote:(I'm not sure about this, just saying what people told me or what I read)

Exactly, and neither is anyone else who claims it, which is why it's a rumor. People spread misinformation and the majority of the community will eat up whatever they are fed. People had tested to see if Guru did in fact cause people to get single mushrooms in lower placements, but nothing came of it. There is no proof. People are claiming that a war video where cB pulls 4 single mushrooms is proof of someone hacking from the other team (not cb, other people took the video as evidence). A video uploaded a few days later of an inclan cB war shows NYAP pulling a single mushroom in 9th or 10th.

It happens. It always has, and it always will. The community is at the point where it will accuse anyone and everything of being some sort of cheating, or make use of any strategy to try and get a W. It's sad, but that's where we've come to. All of this needs to be laid to rest, as well as isos producing lag. It's not confirmed whether it's caused by the driver load speed or if Nintendo is forcing players to connect to another server. People need to stop claiming things as fact when they actually know nothing about the subject.

Larrsauce wrote:I see 2 arrogant idiots from Imperious and a fancy table. But still no proof on anything.

Spoiler:

Flaming people and acting like a douchebag isn't playing devil's advocate.
    Baseh
    Baseh

Post by Baseh Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:09 pm

[quote="Agosta44"]
    Vettel wrote:
    CHEE2E12 wrote:(I'm not sure about this, just saying what people told me or what I read)

Exactly, and neither is anyone else who claims it, which is why it's a rumor. People spread misinformation and the majority of the community will eat up whatever they are fed. People had tested to see if Guru did in fact cause people to get single mushrooms in lower placements, but nothing came of it. There is no proof. People are claiming that a war video where cB pulls 4 single mushrooms is proof of someone hacking from the other team (not cb, other people took the video as evidence). A video uploaded a few days later of an inclan cB war shows NYAP pulling a single mushroom in 9th or 10th.

It happens. It always has, and it always will. The community is at the point where it will accuse anyone and everything of being some sort of cheating, or make use of any strategy to try and get a W. It's sad, but that's where we've come to. All of this needs to be laid to rest, as well as isos producing lag. It's not confirmed whether it's caused by the driver load speed or if Nintendo is forcing players to connect to another server. People need to stop claiming things as fact when they actually know nothing about the subject.

Larrsauce wrote:I see 2 arrogant idiots from Imperious and a fancy table. But still no proof on anything.

Spoiler:

I'm not even trying to get a win. Also, another point that Mega came up with is that nobody has been able to pull a single shroom in a bottom spot (Unless the item box is a shroom box) and you can't hack CTGP...coincidence?

I'm not accusing anyone of hacking.
    flc

Post by flc Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:40 pm

(XI=M)

(C) Bissel Images 2012

the numbers are wrong here. you can have a lot more than nine shells.

here's how items are assigned in this game:
    - you hit an item box. your game checks to see what items are available and assigns you a free item. there are two limits to items: the number of concurrent items (we all know this: 3 stars, 2 megas, etc) and total number of items (how many of one item assigned to all players over the course of a single race). the game counts items that are from item boxes and that have been spawned on the ground.
    - if there are no free items available, you are given a single mushroom. this is why at the end of tracks with a lot of item boxes you get a lot of single shrooms in weird positions.
    - if there are free items available, it assigns one of them to you in a ratio consistent with that item table that was posted a while back.
    - this is where it gets a bit complicated. because of latency, this all happens before the host's wii even acknowledges that you have hit an item box. so you could be assigned a bill at the same time someone else is assigned a bill. if this happens, one of you is given a different item instead. this is what happens in the time that the item reel is spinning (and is why sometimes your item reel does not stop spinning even if you're mashing L). that different item can sometimes be a limited one, though, which sometimes means you get a single shroom instead of a legit item. this is what causes single shrooms below 7th and single shrooms in 1st on tracks where items can spawn from parts of the track itself (MT, to be specific).
    Baseh
    Baseh

Post by Baseh Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:12 pm

flc wrote:

(XI=M)

(C) Bissel Images 2012

the numbers are wrong here. you can have a lot more than nine shells.

here's how items are assigned in this game:
    - you hit an item box. your game checks to see what items are available and assigns you a free item. there are two limits to items: the number of concurrent items (we all know this: 3 stars, 2 megas, etc) and total number of items (how many of one item assigned to all players over the course of a single race). the game counts items that are from item boxes and that have been spawned on the ground.
    - if there are no free items available, you are given a single mushroom. this is why at the end of tracks with a lot of item boxes you get a lot of single shrooms in weird positions.
    - if there are free items available, it assigns one of them to you in a ratio consistent with that item table that was posted a while back.
    - this is where it gets a bit complicated. because of latency, this all happens before the host's wii even acknowledges that you have hit an item box. so you could be assigned a bill at the same time someone else is assigned a bill. if this happens, one of you is given a different item instead. this is what happens in the time that the item reel is spinning (and is why sometimes your item reel does not stop spinning even if you're mashing L). that different item can sometimes be a limited one, though, which sometimes means you get a single shroom instead of a legit item. this is what causes single shrooms below 7th and single shrooms in 1st on tracks where items can spawn from parts of the track itself (MT, to be specific).

So what your trying to say is:

That me and someone else were trying to get the Bill but the game ended up picking him thus giving me a single shroom, correct? This could actually be the most logical thing I heard today.

But it still doesn't explain why nobody was able to get a single shroom in last while racing with CTGP (By my knowledge). Any more ideas anyone?
    Larrsauce
    Larrsauce

Single Shrooms. Empty nigeria

Post by Larrsauce Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:08 am

Agosta44 wrote:

true enough but the fact you came back and replied is enough for me when im bored. worded that improperly to what I was trying to say but it didn't really have a point just wanted to start another forum argument in my spare time.
    Vettel
    Vettel

Post by Vettel Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:35 am

But it still doesn't explain why nobody was able to get a single shroom in last while racing with CTGP (By my knowledge). Any more ideas anyone?

ehmm...that just happened yesterday to me in a CTWW...it happened first boxes on digitally enhanced...and as far as I know there are not any "only shroom" boxes first items at all...I called with chucksand jake while that happened
    but in my opinion it still happens more often to me now...maybe because I am playing with a strategie now than earlier...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:16 am